Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Of too much publicity and shoe politics...(Updated)

When can you say that you're receiving publicity? When you are receiving emails from strange people askng whether you got AIR-1 for IIT JEE. When can you say that its turned into too much publicity? When you receive offlines on your yahoo messenger which simply ask you, which IIT? Its seriously amusing to see the sudden surge in interest in me. Until yesterday it was just all my relatives calling me up and asking me to repeat the same thing over and over again. And if you think that once you do well in something, you'll stop receiving lectures, then you're highly mistaken. I still receive them lectures, which go to the tune off, "Don't think this is the end, you're gonna have to work harder to maintain that status quo". And to top it off, now since mum can't scold me about my studies anymore, she's taken to scolding me along with my sis everytime she's scolding her. Its like buy one, get one free, even if I had nothing to do with whatever she's scolding her for. Blah, thats never gonna change, the bane of being an elder sister :)

Coming to shoes, my sis is going back to school and that dame's been shopping for the past three weekends. Now the only thing remaining are her shoes. That poor girl has been cursed with big feet and we've been searching heaven and earth to find her a pair that fits. My mum's been dropping hints about searching in the men's section, its only poor lil me standing between D and the humiliation of wearing extra wide men's shoes :grin: Ofcourse, like all women, I never have enough shoes, so everywhere I go, I fall in love with atleast one pair which is promptly refused on accounts of the no. of shoes already filling my shoe rack and spilling over to everyone elses racks at home...hmph...me thinks, I need to get my scissors to work and render some of 'em shoes useless ;) Thats not the end though, since both me and mum have the same shoe size, its getting increasingly difficult to convince my mum that I really haven't bought any shoes recently coz I invariably land up wearing the ones she owns :grin: Anyway, I have somehow convinced her to let me buy a pair today coz its the only place we haven't been to as yet on our shoe quest (courtesy, my ever prepared lawyer who goes by the name of 'The Granny' )....hoping this is the end to D's woes :)

PS : A note to all who've linked me, please change the link to my new blog address, I miss my old blog evertime I see the link to it :(

Update: Bought a pair of really high heels and I am seriously wondering how am I gonna walk in them :)

36 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

HAAAAAPPPY New Year!!

2:15 AM, June 02, 2005  
Blogger manuscrypts said...

shooo just enjoy :)

2:21 AM, June 02, 2005  
Blogger Ashish Gupta said...

wow! thats superb. congrats for 'cracking' THE EXAM!

wat plans ?

5:17 AM, June 02, 2005  
Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

You can never, ever, ever have too many shoes. Your mum should know that by now ;) hehheh

Very interesting blog here, I like it :)

7:55 AM, June 02, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@Mr God...to you too :) I'll forward that message to D :)

8:56 AM, June 02, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@Manuscrypts shopping for someone else is extremely boring...especially if you know your turns gonna come in a months time :)

8:57 AM, June 02, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@Anish thanks :) and welcome to my blog :)

8:57 AM, June 02, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@ SGT yeah....I reminded her by showing her, her own shoes collection :) quite a convincing display :)

8:58 AM, June 02, 2005  
Blogger Naveen Nathani said...

congrats on topping JAM...good thing u cleared that it wasnt JEE..i see it has would have been difficult for some people to digest on the shoutbox...:,
came here first time...from ur bro;s blog...nice blog u have...didnt u get teh older one back??

Naveen

11:26 AM, June 02, 2005  
Anonymous wtfdude said...

what is with girls and high heels? dont u get vertigo wearing those? how do u walk? can u run with them?
we must have a high heel marathon. what happens when u step on someones toe in a crowded lift?

8:15 PM, June 02, 2005  
Blogger Me said...

Whats a D ??

12:38 AM, June 03, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@NN Welcome to my blog :) It wouldn't be digestible to me too had I topped JEE (never gave it a go actually). I haven't been able to get my old blog up :(

1:20 AM, June 03, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@wtfdude I'm vertically challenged so I need them...period...and we can run in them (many a times I've made a dash for the trains here in Bombay) and the best way to find out what happens when we step on someone's toes is by offering yourself as a guinea pig :)

3:19 AM, June 03, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@ Mr God D would be the my sisters initial

3:20 AM, June 03, 2005  
Blogger Me said...

Oooohh.. like D has a new year starting.. oh, yes, I just remembered, so does my sister.. peace reigns at last!!

7:45 AM, June 03, 2005  
Blogger Vivek Pabari said...

Congratulations.

9:25 AM, June 03, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@Mr God Damn...I'm missing her already :(

7:51 AM, June 04, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@viki Thanks :)

7:51 AM, June 04, 2005  
Blogger prabhakar said...

i hv got to many shoe pairs too...road pe bahut maar padti hai..saachi..;)..waise kiddo life isn't abt IITs,IIMs and others...but yeah..you need to b in one of the best atleast once in your life ..so don't take it as a burden..have a whale of your time.....and one more thing..me already feeling gravitated towards you...ONE MORE SHOE PAIR PLZZZ..;).

8:54 AM, June 05, 2005  
Anonymous d said...

coolllll

8:54 AM, June 05, 2005  
Blogger Me said...

I feel weird. Sisters are pests, but when they disappear, life feels empty. Gah!!

12:20 PM, June 05, 2005  
Blogger phatichar said...

hmmmmm... :) interesting.

1:58 AM, June 06, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@Prabhakar ek pair kya bahut sare de denge but none of them will match ;) I'm gonna rock IIT from day one...need not worry abt that :) and gravitated towards me ??? I can't digest that :)

2:56 AM, June 06, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@d hey :) finally you made an appearance :)

3:00 AM, June 06, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@ Mr God especially if you're left packing up the mess she's left after teh vacetion :(

3:02 AM, June 06, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@phatichar hey :) thanks :)

3:02 AM, June 06, 2005  
Blogger liquid sunshine said...

:) was tempted to ask all of those questions,but shall refrain! congrats though:)

1:38 AM, June 07, 2005  
Blogger Darth Midnightmare said...

Congratulations. Came here through Abhinav's blog.....nice place....

Oh and yeah, one can never have too many pairs of shoes......the only restriction I can think of is the size of the cabinet :-)

1:35 AM, June 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

angie...what's cookin'? heh! heh! lets light a flame in the kitchen. m cummin' over! aaarrrrr!!!

u know who.

9:21 PM, June 08, 2005  
Anonymous Harish said...

Hey Angel, well written

do drop in at my blog

4:30 AM, June 09, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@LS what questions are you talking abt dear ?? Its alright you can ask (I hope I haven't put my foot in my mouth by doing that ) :)

10:49 PM, June 09, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

Hey Johny Bpy thanks for coming by :) shoe cabinets are no restirctions either...now my newest (unused) shoes are finding place on the last shelf of my wardrobe...:)

10:50 PM, June 09, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@Cap'n Helga sure you can come....we'll light the kitchen on fire ;;)

10:51 PM, June 09, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@Harish hey :) thanks for coming by...I'll definitely visit your blog :)

10:52 PM, June 09, 2005  
Blogger Darth Midnightmare said...

Wardrobe....*sigh*. Yeah, those were the days....unfortunately, hostel rooms deprive me of that luxury of space :-(. Anyway, drop by my (virtual) space sometime ;-).

1:37 AM, June 10, 2005  
Blogger Me said...

Did I say something ? I'm pretty sure I did.

10:51 AM, June 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home