Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Bitter truths und Deutch Akzent

Yes I did say that I wanted to get away from Bombay and stay away from my parents but now I also happen to be counting the days I have remaining to spend with my parents and I'm dreading the day I gotta leave. This is me eating my own words and they don't taste that bad. So the thing is, I don't wanna leave. If I thought I was vehement about going away to study last year then I don't think I quite got the meaning of the word vehement then. I really don't wanna go :( and I can't do anything about it. Would I feel differently about it if it was another place? No. I'm gonna miss having long chats with my dad. I'm gonna miss going shopping with my mum. This might be the only time in my life that I might avoid shopping and people who know me will go in a state of shock on the brink of coma if they hear that. And I'm gonna miss my friends. I'm as protected a girl as they come, not only do my parents protect me but my friends have always taken special care of me. Will I find such friends in the Nerd Haven??? I half expect guys with hair dripping with mustard oil wearing thick soda glasses and those dirtyish white shirts with grey stripes and pants that barely reach the ankles who epitomise nerdyness. I know its not gonna be that bad but Kanpur just makes you wary of everyone around you. OK, enough of cribbing for the day.
Lets get to better things. I'm having an amazing time at my German class. My classmates are very friendly and the teaching is very interactive. We have loads of fun. It doesn't feel like someone's twisting our ears and making us listen to the droning sounds of the tutor repeating tongue twisters. I drive my parents crazy by talking in German but I need to talk in order to be fluent in it. Thankfully, I've picked up the German accent very quickly but its seriously affecting my English accent what with brain sending counfusing signals to my tongue resulting into a funny mix of stiff-upper-lipped Brit and the pronounce-every-letter German.Been indulging in serious retail therapy....my mum gifted me a new cell phone which's been keeping me quite busy. So busy that I haven't been able to finish The Bourne Identity by Robert Luldlum and I've been reading it since last Thursday. Its never taken me this long to finish a book. Ofcourse, I've only been reading it in the trains while travelling to class and its almost impossible to read in there coz its so jam packed that I'm just thankful that I reach my destination in one piece. That's one aspect of Bombay that I don't think I'll miss :) Ok...I need to wake up early so I need to sign off now......Tchuss!!!

PS : Forgive my typos please...no time to proofread :)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, sweet sound, "tchuss"!!! no one understands it when i wave them bye with a "choose!" :-(

morning...*yawn*..don't wanna work. will go work. aaarrrrrr!!!

u no hoo.

8:40 PM, June 28, 2005  
Blogger Gaurav said...

New mobile vah vah.....so last few days in Mumbai....atleast ur goin to place where it rains....atleast during monsoons....in my land it doesn't....

Hey no need to be sad....ur gonna njoi every bit of hostel life buddy...its the best part of life....

ciao have fun,
Gaurav

8:50 PM, June 28, 2005  
Blogger manuscrypts said...

i have a feeling that you will eat the first para soon.. :)

11:16 PM, June 29, 2005  
Blogger phatichar said...

:) 'tchusss''.. loved that sound..

12:56 AM, July 05, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

Hey u no hoo :) so sorry it took me so long to reply :) cursed ISP giving me problem :) Tchuss :)

6:24 AM, July 05, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@gg and Manu hey guys :) I don't want anything more that to eat those words :) I'm sure I'm gonna enjoy it, I love being away from home :)

6:25 AM, July 05, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@Ramana That may the only sound in German that sounds sweet, otherwise its a pretty staccato language

6:26 AM, July 05, 2005  
Blogger phatichar said...

German? I thought it was a sound like a steam engine leaving the platform...:( phoossss...

3:10 AM, July 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://tramadol-best5.blogspot.com/]tramadol[/url] http://tramadol-best5.blogspot.com/
Dont forget!

3:52 AM, January 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's impressive that you are getting thoughts from this piece of writing as well as from our argument made at this time.

Feel free to visit my blog post; algerian Love knot Necklace

1:19 AM, June 11, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home