Monday, May 30, 2005

Happy but peeved

Off late I'm being pampered like crazy and all of a sudden I'm being noticed by one and all. I've become everyone's favorite....fave daughter, fave grandchild, fave niece, fave friend's-daughter...(my sisters must be detesting me for hogging all the limelight). My phones been ringing all the time with people wanting to know for sure that what they've heard is true (come to think of I still can't believe it) and I'm being asked what is it that I want ( I'm sure my parents regret for asking me that :) ). Moreover, I've converted my two sisters into believers, believers that a BSc is not a useless course and theres a sudden spurt of deciding ambitions.

All this due to my one ranking. The last entrance test I attempted. Now when I think of it, I was bugged coz I wanted a break, I went with bare minimum preparation and with recommendations from someone to botch it coz its gonna make me go to a god-forsaken-place to study for the next couple of years. I waltzed outta the test and I didn't think much of it coz I thought it was effectively botched (though I didn't do it purposely).

Now, if this falls on the ear of all those who're using me as an example to motivate their kids, they'll drop me like a hot potato and suddenly I'm no longer this achiever. Isn't that unfair? Why does our society value marks so much? Some people are intelligent, it just doesn't show in their mark sheet, why do such students get second class treatment? Why can't a child be valued for being a nice child or a good person? The stark difference in treatment before and after my result day is whats making me happy but extremely peeved. But I think I'll get over it (some serious retail therapy on the cards....me making mental lists already ;) )

PS : I'm getting good with this html thing...this look should suffice till I find a better template and someone to help me put it up :)

23 Comments:

Blogger manuscrypts said...

intellectual discrimination.. glad someone else thinks so too...
http://manuscrypts.rediffblogs.com/2004_08_02_manuscrypts_archive.html
(2nd post)

2:21 AM, May 30, 2005  
Blogger Gurpreet said...

You topped IIT Entrance test .. all india rank ONE !!!! WOW !
Autograph please...... pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

5:00 AM, May 30, 2005  
Blogger Abhi said...

wow.super cool.congrats a tonnn!!!!

5:46 AM, May 30, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@manuscrypts don't worry there are a lot others who share our views :)

9:09 AM, May 30, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@Gurpreet dude...you do realise that you have a big mouth :) its not worth that much attention you know and an autograpf....certainly not :)

9:10 AM, May 30, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

thanks a ton :) I'd seriously thought my rank was gonna resemble a telephone no. :)

9:11 AM, May 30, 2005  
Blogger noowanda said...

Ur system sucks!! Nice to hear abt such things from some like u. Its usually loosers like me who r always complain abt it.

10:49 AM, May 30, 2005  
Blogger Me said...

I can read!! I CAN READ!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

1:09 PM, May 30, 2005  
Blogger Me said...

You realise of course, that that is not an observation of my illiteracy, but a comment on your blog's changed colours!!

1:10 PM, May 30, 2005  
Blogger Suman said...

Congrats Angel! Nice to see ur blogs once again.

9:31 PM, May 30, 2005  
Blogger phatichar said...

champagne, please :)

11:04 PM, May 30, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@Rkat Well...somebody ouht to express her views right :)

1:29 AM, May 31, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@Mr God I did change the colour for your viewing (reading?) pleasures :)

1:30 AM, May 31, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@Suman thanks :) I really missed blogging and miss my old blog too :)

1:31 AM, May 31, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@Phatichar definitely dear :) let the bubbly flow....

1:31 AM, May 31, 2005  
Blogger GratisGab said...

Nice! Congratulations! Enjoy the limelite babe :)

9:41 PM, May 31, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the cap'n here! come back to rediff...don't wanna comment anon. know wot, angie...when u have to travel to england, the great, grand Greed of Atlantis will be at your disposal. i'll ferry ya tharr! n u don't have to pay me one miserable farthing. ALL services on board will be free. including the amour..errr.. armour.

12:14 AM, June 01, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@gabby thanks :) @Helgie babes....you can always put in your name, you don't need to comment anon :) and thanks for the ride dahling, and the aRmour ;)

3:17 AM, June 01, 2005  
Blogger Me said...

I want free services too. Anything free is good, mostly. Where be you, scallywag ??

10:23 AM, June 01, 2005  
Blogger prabhakar said...

hey...congrats..i think i m a bit late in doing tht...but neways good to have ppl with lots of grey matter around....
...keep going..

8:01 PM, June 01, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@Mr God I'm here...vacationing with my granny and shopping... :)

11:42 PM, June 01, 2005  
Blogger Cherubin said...

@prabhakar Thats not a problem dear :) I needed a break from smiling and saying thanks and acting coy and lictening to a lot of lectures about my lil feat...you get the drift :)

11:44 PM, June 01, 2005  
Blogger Me said...

Bah!! So, you came first. Who cares ?? Get over it!! This is a status message to get your face out of the grin its been occupying, and back into the frown, that God prefers.

1:45 AM, June 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home